In this tutorial you'll learn how to install git on Linux and Windows.
sudo pacman -S git
sudo apt-get install git
sudo yum install git-core
1.Double click to the setup file you downloaded from the official git website and click next.
2.By default git will be installed on c partition, if you want to install git to a different location click browse button and select the folder where you want to install git and click next.
3. Check components you want to install then click next.
4. Choose whether you want git to show up on your start menu or not.
5.Select your favorite text editor that you want to use as git editor.
6.On this window you need to choose the path environment from where you want to use git.
You can either use git from git bash only, or from windows command line.
7.Leave this option as is and click next.
8. Leave line endings on default and click next.
9.Select the terminal emulator you want to use with Git.
10. Select features you want to install.
- Git now is being installed.